Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society - Teddy Talks
Fri, Jun 8 - Sun, Jun 10
The Playhouse: $43 - $48
Ages 6 and up
$10 Student tickets are available for purchase with a valid ID.
For a series ticket, simply begin your purchase and you will be prompted to select three or more concerts, for a 15% savings.
The June 10 performance will take place at Hillside Theater, Taliesin in Spring Green, WI and will include an option for a picnic dinner by Enos Farms for $17.50. Dinners must be ordered one week in advance. For gourmet sandwich details and preferences, call Samantha at BDDS, at (608) 255-9866.
Toys have sparked our imagination as children and we’re still inspired! We “play” chamber music in every sense of that word. Each of our programs is organized around our quirky take on iconic toys. And in celebration of our 27th season, we’ve scattered various “27s” across our programs.
TEDDY TALKS contains music that’s connected to all sorts of Teddies:
- • Haydn’s great “Bear” Symphony
- • Two over-stuffed works by Theodore (Teddie) Dubois’ for flute, violin, and piano
- • Brahms’ String Sextet in B-flat Major for piano trio, written for Theodore (Teddy) Kirchner
- • Mozart’s 27th violin sonata, possibly the most beautiful one he ever wrote
- • Violinist Yura Lee, winner of the Avery Fisher Career Grant
- • Cellist Jean-Michel Fonteneau of the San Francisco Piano Trio
- • Leanne League, violinist from the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
- • Sally Chisholm, violist from the Pro Arte Quartet
- • Pianist Jason Kutz, our Dynamite Factory artist
- • Artistic Directors Jeffrey Sykes, piano, and Stephanie Jutt, flute
Serious chamber music is serious fun at Bach Dancing & Dynamite concerts, during a rousing three-weekend festival, June 8 – 24. In six different programs, you’ll hear great classical masterpieces and the best of contemporary works. Try all three venues: The Playhouse at Overture, the jewel box historic Stoughton Opera House, and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hillside Theater at Taliesin in Spring green. Concerts are spiked with stories about the music, mystery guests, and even door prizes. It’s chamber music with a bang!