Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society - Transformers
Sat, Jun 23 - Sun, Jun 24
The Playhouse: $43 - $48
Ages 6 and up
$10 Student tickets are available for purchase with a valid ID.
For a series ticket, simply begin your purchase and you will be prompted to select three or more concerts, for a 15% savings.
The June 24 performance will take place at Hillside Theater, Taliesin in Spring Green, WI and will include an option for a picnic dinner by Enos Farms for $17.50. Dinners must be ordered one week in advance. For gourmet sandwich details and preferences, call Samantha at BDDS, at (608) 255-9866.
Toys have sparked our imagination as children and we’re still inspired! We “play” chamber music in every sense of that word. Each of our programs is organized around our quirky take on iconic toys. And in celebration of our 27th season, we’ve scattered various “27s” across our programs.
TRANSFORMERS presents composers turning pedestrian musical building blocks into deeply expressive sound sculptures.
- • Flute Concerto in D minor by C.P.E. Bach, the composer most responsible for transforming the light rococo style into the high classical style
- • Hermit Songs by Samuel Barber, who took scribblings, doodles, and marginalia from medieval manuscripts and spun them into one of the masterpieces of art song
- • Schumann’s monumental Piano Quintet
- • Radiant soprano Emily Birsan
- • Local favorites Suzanne Beia, violin, and Leanne League, violin
- • Dynamite Factory artists Jeremy Kienbaum, viola; Trace Johnson, cello, and Satoko Hayami, piano
- • Artistic Directors Jeffrey Sykes, piano, and Stephanie Jutt, flute
Serious chamber music is serious fun at Bach Dancing & Dynamite concerts, during a rousing three-weekend festival, June 8 – 24. In six different programs, you’ll hear great classical masterpieces and the best of contemporary works. Try all three venues: The Playhouse at Overture, the jewel box historic Stoughton Opera House, and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hillside Theater at Taliesin in Spring green. Concerts are spiked with stories about the music, mystery guests, and even door prizes. It’s chamber music with a bang!