Community Advisory Board Member: Call for Volunteers
NOTE: This is a volunteer position serving on a working committee
Overture is looking for new community members to serve three-year terms on our Community Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB represents the community in terms of culture, ethnicity, geography, age and socio-economic level.
The Overture Community Advisory Board meets quarterly to advise and evaluate Overture’s Community, Education and Engagement Programs. In addition to this advisory and assessment role, the Board will function as a Community Forums Engagement Team. During one quarterly meeting per year, the CAB will facilitate a community forum on a topic related to the arts. During the other three quarterly working meetings, the Board will plan the Community Forum and evaluate programs using the City of Madison’s Racial Equity & Social Justice Tool.
Community Engagement Forums
Overture’s Community Advisory Board will hold at least one community forum per year. CAB members will identify the community organization partners, forum location and be present to facilitate the discussion in connection with Overture staff. Forums will be planned during quarterly CAB meetings. Each topic may be presented at multiple locations.
Attend quarterly meetings, held in early evenings
Attend and evaluate Overture programs
Be an ambassador for Overture to your community
Plan, attend and present at Overture’s community forums on the arts
- An interest in all variety of arts, including performance arts – musical theater, world music, jazz, western classical music, dance, theatrical arts, media arts and visual arts
- A commitment to Overture Center and a desire to expand Overture’s impact in the regional communities and a desire to increase all Dane County communities’ access to Overture
- An understanding of Madison’s diverse communities and a connection to those communities [including people of all ages, teachers of all ages, community leaders and artists of various disciplines]
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully on a committee, voicing your opinions clearly and listening to others
- Interest and experience working with a diverse range of communities
Overture will accept applications on an ongoing basis. The first evaluation will be FEB 15, 2015 for the upcoming term.
To apply for this volunteer position please send a letter of interest and a resume or list of relevant experiences to Beth Racette, email@example.com
- Plan Your Visit ▼
- Security Information
- Take a tour
- Careers at Overture
- Contact ▼
- Overture News
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Media Room ▼
- Resident Companies
- Overture Center Foundation
- Annual Reports
- Community Advisory Board
Contact us anytime!