Overture Center launches 2020/21 season, invites community to “See What Moves You”
Overture Center for the Arts is pleased to announce its 2020/21 season, featuring the best of Broadway, national and international performers, music from multiple cultures, an America’s Got Talent finalist and so much more!
“We’ve got something for you to look forward to… interactive shows, mesmerizing animation, expressive performers—shows that bring tears to your eyes, make you laugh uncontrollably and make your jaw drop in awe—stories that shock you and music that soothes you,” said Tim Sauers, vice president of programming and community engagement. “There is something for everyone, so you can ‘See What Moves You’ throughout the season.”
Seven-show Broadway at Overture series features five Madison premieres
Overture Center is pleased to bring national tours to our community year after year, giving you the opportunity to see Broadway shows close to home.
The only way to guarantee seats for Broadway shows and avoid potential price increases closer to the show is to subscribe to the Broadway at Overture 7-show package. Single tickets for individual shows for Broadway at Overture performances will go on sale to the public throughout the season, subject to availability.
- MEAN GIRLS | TUE, OCT 6 – SUN, OCT 11, 2020 – Madison premiere!
- CHICAGO | TUE, NOV 17 – SUN, NOV 22, 2020
- OKLAHOMA! | TUE, FEB 16 – SUN, FEB 21, 2021 – Madison premiere + only Wisconsin location this season!
- DISNEY’S THE LION KING | THU, MAR 18 – SUN, APR 11, 2021 – only Wisconsin location this season!
- THE PROM | TUE, MAY 11 – SUN, MAY 16, 2021 – Madison premiere + only Wisconsin location this season!
- DEAR EVAN HANSEN| TUE, JUN 15 – SUN, JUN 20, 2021 – Madison premiere!
- AIN’T TOO PROUD – THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE TEMPTATIONS | TUE, JUL 13 – SUN, JUL 18, 2021 – Madison premiere!
Overture Presents series features 30+ new shows and four subscription options
The Overture Presents series includes world-touring shows—artists who deliver exceptional experiences for nearly every taste. Choose from three package options: National Geographic Live!, Cabaret and Duck Soup Cinema. Series subscribers can add on any non-Broadway Overture Presents titles to their order or “Make Your Own” package by selecting any three or more non-Broadway titles.
“We travel around the world looking for performers and shows that are relevant and moving for this community,” commented Sauers. “We’ve created a unique blend of performances to give just about anyone—any age, culture and background—the opportunity to experience the arts in a way that is meaningful to them.”
National Geographic Live! series (sponsored by Exact Sciences) – four new shows!
Learn and be inspired by National Geographic Live’s behind-the-scenes stories, stunning imagery and gripping footage from world-renowned photographers, scientists, authors, filmmakers and adventurers. Shows are presented in Capitol Theater.
- Invisible Wonders with Anand Varma | TUE, SEP 29, 2020, 7:30 p.m.
- The Secret Life of Bears with Rae Wynn-Grant | TUE, JAN 19, 2021, 7:30 p.m.
- When Women Ruled the World with Kara Cooney | WED, MAR 24, 2021, 7:30 p.m.
- Improbable Ascent with Maureen Beck | TUE, MAY 11, 2021, 7:30 p.m.
2020/21 Cabaret Series – three new shows!
This unique musical dining experience begins with hors d’oeuvres in the Capitol Theater Lobby, followed by a gourmet dinner, courtesy of Catering a Fresco, served on the historic Capitol Theater stage, which is transformed into an elegant nightclub for the evening.
- Joey Taranto – New Orleans Man | THU, NOV 12, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Nicholas Rodriguez – All is Fair in Love… | THU, FEB 11, 2021, 7 p.m.
- Tori Scott is Pickled! | THU, JUN 3, 2021, 7 p.m.
2020/21 Duck Soup Cinema Series (sponsored by Goodman’s Jewelers)
Overture’s Duck Soup Cinema silent film series is nationally known for providing an authentic silent film experience in the historic Capitol Theater, which celebrated its 92nd anniversary in January 2020. Film showings include vaudeville entertainment with an emcee, door prizes and a classic feature film with live organ accompaniment.
- Why Worry (1923) | SAT, OCT 17, 2020, 2 & 7 p.m.
- Go West (1925) | SAT, FEB 20, 2021, 2 & 7 p.m.
- Suds (1920) | SAT, APR 17, 2021, 2 & 7 p.m.
“Make Your Own” Subscription
Pick three or more of the Overture Presents performances to create your own package. Excludes free and low-cost performances. Make Your Own Subscription subscribers get first access to individual Broadway tickets beginning late summer. Single tickets for Overture Presents shows will go on sale to the public in Summer 2020.
Get your tickets first!
Becoming a subscriber or renewing a subscription is the only way to get tickets for the 2020/21 season before individual tickets go on sale later in the year. For best pricing and availability, or to renew a current subscription, orders must be received before Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Order online at overture.org or mail the order form to Overture Center Ticket Office (201 State Street, Madison, WI 53703). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for information only; we cannot accept credit card orders by email. Subscribers may pay for their series with a four-installment payment plan.
Many shows offer discounted group tickets for orders of 10 or more tickets in the same show/performance. Group requests will be accepted beginning on Tuesday, April 14 (orders to be processed Summer 2020) by emailing email@example.com with seating reservations locked in during early July.
- Plan Your Visit ▼
- Security Information
- Take a tour
- Careers at Overture
- Contact ▼
- Overture News
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Media Room ▼
- Resident Companies
- Overture Center Foundation
- Annual Reports
- Community Advisory Council
Contact us anytime!