Overture Center for the Arts has implemented additional security procedures for patrons attending events in Overture Hall and the Capitol Theater. Our focus has always been the comfort and safety of our patrons and we believe this step to be part of that goal. The new procedures outlined below are being implemented at most or all performing arts centers and public performance spaces all around the country. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by writing us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your continued patronage and support!
President & CEO
Overture Center for the Arts
Please note the below security measures in effect at Overture:
Plan to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to curtain to allow enough time for a security inspection and to find your seat.
All bags will be inspected by trained security personnel for prohibited items including:
- Cameras with external flash or interchangeable lenses (no professional photography without authorization)
- Audio/video recording devices
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Chemical weapons, including mace and pepper spray
- Noise-making devices
- Skateboards/scooters/roller blades
- Pets (service animals exempt)
- Selfie sticks
- Any additional items security determines could potentially distract from the audience’s safety and enjoyment
Large bags and backpacks are still prohibited from entering the theater and can be checked after being inspected. For your convenience, we suggest you make other arrangements for these items before arriving.
Do not leave your personal items unattended.
If you see something, say something. We ask that our patrons alert Overture staff of:
- Unattended packages or belongings
- Suspicious behavior
- People in weather inappropriate clothing
- Anyone tampering with surveillance cameras or entering unauthorized areas
Contact us anytime!