Overture Center for the Arts has implemented additional security procedures for patrons attending events in Overture Hall and the Capitol Theater. Our focus has always been the comfort and safety of our patrons and we believe this step to be part of that goal. The new procedures outlined below are being implemented at most or all performing arts centers and public performance spaces all around the country. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your continued patronage and support!
Please note the below security measures in effect at Overture:
Plan to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to curtain to allow enough time for a security inspection and to find your seat.
For all Broadway shows, guests will be scanned upon entrance to the building for prohibited metallic items using a non-invasive magnetometer wand. Prohibited items must be removed from the premises.
All bags will be inspected by trained security personnel. The following items are prohibited:
- Cameras with external flash or interchangeable lenses (no professional photography without authorization)
- Audio/video recording devices
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Chemical weapons, including mace and pepper spray
- Noise-making devices
- Skateboards/scooters/roller blades
- Pets (service animals exempt)
- Selfie sticks
- Any additional items security determines could potentially distract from the audience’s safety and enjoyment
Large bags and backpacks are prohibited from entering the theater and can be checked after being inspected. For your convenience, we suggest you make other arrangements for these items before arriving.
Do not leave your personal items unattended.
If you see something, say something. We ask that our guests alert Overture staff if they identify the following items or situations:
- Unattended packages or belongings
- Suspicious behavior
- People in weather inappropriate clothing
- Anyone tampering with surveillance cameras or entering unauthorized areas
- Plan Your Visit ▼
- Security Information
- Take a tour
- Careers at Overture
- Contact ▼
- Overture News
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Media Room ▼
- Resident Companies
- Overture Center Foundation
- Annual Reports
- Community Advisory Cmte
Contact us anytime!