Sun, Nov 21
Capitol Theater: $20 - $45
approximately 75-90 minutes, no intermission
A VIP option is available for this event. VIP tickets include:
- One (1) premium seat location in the front three rows
- Meet & Greet and photo with Tape Face
- One (1) Tape Face merch package exclusive to VIP purchasers
- One (1) commemorative VIP laminate
Mime with noise, stand-up with no talking—drama with no acting. Viral sensation Tape Face has to be seen to be believed.
Created by performer Sam Wills, Tape Face is a character with universal appeal. Delightful, wry, many-layered and hilarious, he transcends the barriers of language and culture. He accesses an inner child in us all that must be fed. Through simple, clever and charming humor aimed at satisfying that hunger, this “America’s Got Talent” finalist has created one of the most accessible and enjoyable shows the world has ever seen.
Drawing on a heritage that includes silent film, mime, magic, puppetry, Motown and the films of Patrick Swayze, Tape Face is a pensive, curious soul approaching every object and audience member as a potential friend—or plaything. Shoes sing, empty dresses dance and electrical tape blossoms into roses. He creates a world of possibilities where the only certainty is laughter.
Tape Face has performed at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, New Zealand, Adelaide, Toronto and Montreal Festivals, London’s West End, within his very own custom-built venue on the Las Vegas strip and at residencies in Paris and Beijing, and he has toured extensively across the UK, Europe and the United States. Every year promises to be a bigger, brighter and more spectacular re-imagining of his unique and special brand of silent comedy. This truly is comedy made for everyone! Guests must be prepared to get involved and become heroes on stage as they step inside a comedy world unlike any other. Visually stunning, heart-stopping and hilarious—you’ll laugh, you’ll cry and when it’s all over, you’ll be completely lost for words.
Praise for Tape Face:
- “Utterly spectacular! Endlessly inventive, hysterically funny. Sublime physical lunacy—fight for a ticket.” – Tim Arthur, Time Out
- “A truly magical experience” – ★★★★★ Chortle
- “The last word in silent comedy” – ★★★★ The Guardian
- “Simply joyous, sometimes mesmerizing” – ★★★★★ The Times