OVERTURE REMAINS CLOSED UNTIL IT IS SAFE TO REOPEN
May 10, 2021
We look forward to reopening this fall. We have announced our fall/winter Overture Presents shows along with 2021/22 Broadway, National Geographic Live and Cabaret series. Subscriptions are on sale now to select groups and will go on sale to the public on June 1. Individual tickets will go on sale this fall.
Overture Center is committed to the safety of our guests, resident organizations, artists, volunteers and staff. While we begin to ramp up in preparation for fall shows, our building remains closed except for private events and resident company activity. We will remain closed until city, state and national guidelines allow us to reopen safely.
We continue our cost-saving measures by being very conservative in our spending as we work to secure a positive future for Overture. About 70% of our full and part-time employees are back working with us in some capacity, though many continue on reduced schedules. Nearly all variable employees, those who work directly on shows such as ushers and stagehands, remain laid-off.
We continue to work closely with our resident arts companies to support their plans. By working together, we hope to ensure Overture maintains its central role in the artistic community.
While the building is closed, our mission will continue. We are finding ways to promote the arts and share the joy of the arts within our community. Our social media platforms continue to engage patrons with new content. View our digital programming and let us know what you like.
When we reopen: Masks are required to be worn by all patrons while in the venue. Other COVID-19 related health protocols may be in effect at the time of performance, including, without limitation, required: temperature checks, testing, confirmation of prior travel to restricted areas and/or confirmation of no known symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19. We reserve the right to unilaterally make changes to health protocols according to updated public health guidance and applicable law. Future updates will be provided to ticket holders prior to the performance. Any ticket holder who does not comply with any COVID-19 related health protocol may be required to leave the theater, and his/her ticket will not be refunded. Guests with accessibility questions or who require additional assistance related to the venue’s COVID-19 policies may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608) 258-4141. Please note: Events are being planned at full capacity, subject to applicable law and governmental approval.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks, hazards and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Event Organizers, The John Gore Organization, Inc., John Gore Theatrical Group, Inc. d/b/a Broadway Across America, the Venue, the Presenter, the Event, the Event Producers and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, successors and assigns and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents.
We remain committed to providing you “something to look forward to” in a safe environment. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
See below for a detailed list of affected performances and events.
Curious about what to do with tickets to canceled shows? Read our TICKET FAQS.
How you can help
You can make a difference in Overture’s future. Overture Center is an independent 501©(3) organization and much of our comeback and success depends on support from our community. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on our organization, closing our doors since March 13, 2020. Donations enable us to offer digital programming and ensure we are able to continue our mission to support and elevate our community’s creative culture, economy and quality of life through the arts. Please consider investing in Overture’s efforts to support a strong future for the arts in our community.
Affected performances and events
• COME FROM AWAY: Rescheduled for TUE, SEP 28 – SUN, OCT 3, 2021
• MEAN GIRLS: Rescheduled for TUE, JAN 11 – SUN, JAN 16, 2022
• CHICAGO: Canceled and replaced with FIDDLER ON THE ROOF on TUE, NOV 16 – SUN, NOV 21, 2021
• OKLAHOMA!: Canceled and replaced with HAIRSPRAY on TUE, FEB 22 – SUN, FEB 27, 2022
• DISNEY’S THE LION KING: Canceled
• THE PROM: Rescheduled for TUE, MAR 22 – SUN, MAR 27, 2022
• DEAR EVAN HANSEN: Rescheduled for TUE, MAY 10 – SUN, MAY 15, 2022
• AIN’T TOO PROUD: Rescheduled for TUE, JUN 14 – SUN, JUN 19, 2022
• The Second City’s Imperfect Union: Canceled
• Doodle POP: Canceled
• Joey Taranto: Canceled
• A Simple Space: Canceled
• Big Band Holidays: The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Rubén Blades: Canceled
• NASSIM: Canceled
• Ranky Tanky: Canceled
• It’s Okay to Be Different: Canceled
• Duck Soup Cinema: Go West: Canceled
• Elvin Bishop & Charlie Musselwhite Duo: Canceled
• A Quest for Freedom performed by Nai-Ni Chen & the Ahn Trio: Canceled
• What the Constitution Means to Me: Canceled
• Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: Canceled
• One Night of Queen: Canceled
• Afrique en Cirque: Canceled
• Duck Soup Cinema: Why Worry: Canceled
• RAIN – A Tribute to the Beatles: Canceled
• Trinity Irish Dance Company: Canceled
• The Flying Karamazov Brothers present 4 PLAY: Canceled
• Air Play: Canceled
• Tori Scott is Pickled!: Rescheduled for THU, JUNE 2, 2022
• Forward Theater Company – 46 Plays for America’s First Ladies: Rescheduled to May 2021
Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
• Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra presents John O’Conor: Canceled
Madison Symphony Orchestra
• Madison Symphony Orchestra – Ravishing Rhapsody: Canceled
• Madison Symphony Orchestra – Grand Panorama: Canceled
• A Madison Symphony Orchestra Christmas: Canceled
• Beyond the Score®: Stravinsky, The Rite of Spring: Canceled