HEALTH & SAFETY POLICIES
May 11, 2022
Overture Center is open Monday-Saturday, 11am to 6pm and Sunday, noon to 6pm, and for performances. Ticket office hours are 11am to 5pm Monday – Friday, 11am to 2pm Saturdays and additional hours for performances. Check here for more hours.
In alignment with local and national guidance, we have updated our COVID-19 protocols and procedures:
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is no longer required to enter Overture Center.
- Wearing a face mask is optional, but recommended, while in the building, unless otherwise stated.
- Masks are required for Madison Symphony Orchestra Overture Concert Organ, Greg Zelek with the Diapason Brass & Timpani on Friday, May 20.
- Resident companies may require masks at their shows, too; please check their event pages for details.
As the pandemic is ever evolving, Overture Center and its resident organizations will continue to monitor local data and take guidance from Public Health Madison & Dane County and the CDC to provide a safe environment for patrons, artists and staff. We may reinstate appropriate protocols if conditions change in the future.
To create the healthiest and safest environment, Overture made the following updates to its facility and operations in 2021/22:
- Installed touchless security systems at entrances
- Installed touchless credit card readers at the ticket office
- Installed touchless ticket scanning devices
- Installed touchless sinks and toilets in all bathrooms
- Provided hand sanitation stations throughout the building
- Increased fresh air intake throughout the building
- Increased routine cleaning and sanitation throughout the building
We remain committed to providing you “something to look forward to” in a safe environment. Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you at Overture soon!
Curious about what to do with tickets if a show is canceled? Read our REFUND FAQS.
How you can help
You can make a difference in Overture’s future. Overture Center is an independent 501©(3) organization and much of our comeback and success depends on support from our community. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on our organization, closing our doors from March 13, 2020, to Aug. 30, 2021. Donations ensure we are able to continue our mission to support and elevate our community’s creative culture, economy and quality of life through the arts. Please consider investing in Overture’s efforts to support a strong future for the arts in our community.
A note from Broadway Across America regarding Broadway performances:
Overture Center, Broadway Across America or event may unilaterally implement health and safety protocols based on updated public health guidance and applicable law. Such health protocols may include, without limitation: required masks, proof of vaccination, testing, and temperature checks. Updates will be provided to ticket holders prior to each performance or on this webpage. Any guest who does not comply may be required to leave the theater and will not receive a refund. Guests with accessibility questions or who require additional assistance may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608) 258-4141. Events are planned at full capacity.
You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any disease, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against The John Gore Organization, Inc., John Gore Theatrical Group, Inc. d/b/a Broadway Across America, Overture Center, the presenter, any event, event producers, and their respective owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, successors and assigns and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents. By attending an event, you agree to the above terms.