Local Arts Education Support
The Madison Arts Education Roundtable is a service community of cultural organizations sharing information, providing professional development, communicating with the public to promote our work in schools and beyond, and advocating for arts education to all stakeholders.
2017-18 Topics & Schedule:
Welcoming Schools: Inclusive Practices in the School Setting | WED, OCT 11, 2017, 2:30-4 PM | Madison Children’s Museum – Celebrations Room
Developing a Diverse and Inclusive Patron Base | WED, MAR 14, 2018 2:30-4PM | Wisconsin Studio
The goals of the Madison Arts Education Roundtable are to:
- Provide a consistent forum for local arts & cultural organizations that have arts education programs
- Network and share resources
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including schools districts, Any Given Child Madison, educators and community members
- Advocate for city, county and state level arts education policy
The Madison Arts Education Roundtable will be housed at and administered by Overture Center for the Arts. Annually, the Roundtable will present the Arts Education Fair, hosted by Overture Center for the Arts. In addition, the Roundtable will host three general meetings, at rotating locations, with opportunities for:
- Large group professional learning
- Table topic network and sharing
- Policy updates and advocacy calls
- Pop-up brown bag lunches scheduled in-between general meetings
- Participant-generated topics
2017/18 Planning Committee
Joey Banks, JBENT Talent Group
Erica Berman, Children’s Theater Madison
Sheri Castelnuovo, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
Alanna Medearis, Overture Center for the Arts
Kia Karlen, Madison Children’s Museum
Find out more about our resources and programs for educators.
For more information, please contact Director of Education and Community Engagement Alanna Medearis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.258.4148.