PRELUDE: EVERY ARTIST DESERVES A SPOTLIGHT
PRELUDE is an education and engagement program designed to mentor local artists, companies and organizations in producing performance based productions in Promenade Hall. Through the program, Overture Center subsidizes equipment and space rental and provides guidance in production areas such as event management, ticketing, marketing, education and technical production. Applicants must be nonprofit 501©3 organizations and have experience in mounting theatrical productions or performance events. PRELUDE cannot support fund raising activities.
- Mentor local performing artists and organizations by offering support from each of our major departments – marketing and PR, education, finance, development and production.
- Provide financial support to new artists
- Produce a successful theatrical production or event
- Build relationships with local artists and new cultural organizations
- Introduce audiences to new artists
- Six months of advanced planning required
- Appropriate for Promenade Hall (180 seat theater)
- Artist or organization has demonstrated economic need for assistance