WI ARTS INTEGRATION SYMPOSIUM
FRI, JAN 17 4 PM – 6 PM and SAT, JAN 18 8:30 AM – 4 PM
The Wisconsin Arts Integration Symposium is designed for teachers, teaching artists, and community educators. Our goals are to provide arts integration tools and professional development; support the integration of curriculum standards for arts and core subjects; provide experiential training with tangible take-aways for implementation and support implementation in educational settings.
Changing Learning Through the Arts
We believe everyone should have opportunities to express themselves through the arts—a movement that starts with our formal and non-formal educators. Learning through the arts encourages personal development and student achievement and provides opportunities to cultivate and grow talents and appreciation for the arts. This belief fuels our dedication to the educators that make arts experiences possible for students. Find out more about our resources and programs for educators below:
Arts Education Residencies
Overture Center for the Arts is proud to present arts programs led by trained and experienced professional artists in Literary Arts, Visual Arts, Drama/Theatre, Dance and Music available for both classroom and community education settings. Sessions are designed for six visits with the artists but are adjustable to fit your needs. A stipend is available for qualifying schools.
Professional Development Workshops
Experts in arts-integration strategies provide educators with tools and support to transform their classrooms. For the most impact, we suggest booking these for teaching teams or a school-wide approach but they also available for community and district settings.
Throughout the year we also offer a select number of free interactive workshops and demonstration teaching opportunities. This year we are co-presenting the WI Arts Integration Symposium.
Special performances and discounts for students and educators
- OnStage Student Field Trip Performances – subsidies available for qualifying schools and resource guides available for each show.
- Student and Educator Broadway Group Tickets (prices range from $22.50/student).
Performance opportunities for students
- Jerry Awards and Ensemble – encouraging, recognizing and honoring excellence in high school musical theater.
- Disney Musicals in Schools – working to create sustainable musical theater in programs in elementary schools.
Networking and resource events
- Arts Education Roundtable – networking and professional development opportunities for Madison area arts and culture organizations.