Calling all singers, musicians, poets, comics, dancers and dreamers! Now is your chance. Overture’s Rising Stars is a statewide program aimed to discover, develop and celebrate the wealth of talent in our communities.
• Develop your talent with guidance from industry pros
• All skill levels and talents welcome (ages 6+)
• Audition locations statewide
• $750 cash prizes in three age categories
• Grand prize winner will receive a $1k prize, booking opportunities, a digital marketing consultation, the chance to perform at Overture during the 2020/21 season and more!
Online registration begins JUN 1.
Auditions will be held at four statewide locations, each with a panel of local celebrity judges. Acts selected from the preliminary auditions will be invited to The Callback on SAT, AUG 17. The Workshop on SUN, AUG 25 will give those moving on another opportunity to perform and receive constructive feedback from industry professionals before they put it all on the line at The Finals at Overture on SAT, SEP 14. The finalists will come together on the grand Overture Hall stage to perform for the community, win cash prizes, be seen by talent buyers and more! Plus, one grand prize winner will earn $1,000, a digital marketing consultation and will be awarded the opportunity to perform during the 2020/21 season!
Locations and Partners
- SAT, JUL 13 at The Grand Oshkosh, Oshkosh
- SAT, JUL 20 at The Grand Theater, Wausau
- SAT, JUL 27 at Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- SAT, AUG 3 at Viterbo Fine Arts Center, La Crosse
- SAT, AUG 17 in Overture Hall at Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- SUN, AUG 25 at Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- SAT, SEP 14 in Overture Hall at Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
About Our Partners
The Grand Oshkosh
Built in 1883 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Grand Oshkosh is a collaborative and innovative leader in providing entertainment, social, and educational opportunities for the community. The Grand hosts more than 100 public performances each season, featuring both nationally touring and regional artists.
The Grand Theater
Since 1927, The Grand Theater has brought the best of the performing arts to North Central Wisconsin. With a mission to entertain, educate, and enrich the community, The Grand works to develop a lifelong appreciation for the arts and enhance the quality of life in the region.
Viterbo Fine Arts Center
As a regional arts center, the mission of the Viterbo University Fine Arts Center is to educate, stimulate, inspire, and challenge the university and local communities through the presentation of diverse and quality programming. Built in 1971, the Fine Arts Center hosts over 80,000 guests each year for a variety of events, including performances, lectures, conferences, and more.
This project is supported by Arts Access, a component fund of the Madison Community Foundation, Madison-Kipp Corporation and Dane Arts with additional funds from the Edres Mfg. Company Foundation, The Evjue Foundation, Inc., charitable arm of The Capital Times, the W. Jerome Frautschi Foundation, and the Pleasant T. Rowland Foundation.
See Overture’s Rising Stars at the Madison Night Market on THU, JUN 13 from 6 – 7:30 PM!
See Overture’s Rising Stars at Fete de Marquette on SAT, JUL 13 from 2 – 2:45 PM!
See The North Code, the 2018 Grand Prize Winner, perform as the opener for Kittel & Co. on FRI, OCT 4!
Contact Programming and Community Engagement Coordinator Emily Goretski