In response to COVID-19, Overture Center for the Arts is launching virtual arts field trips for the 2020-21 academic year led by experienced professional artists from our community. Professional artists and Overture education staff will provide a kaleidoscope of demonstrations, discussions and mini-performances to meet your curricular goals around a theme of your choice (see below). These virtual field trips are:
• Customizable for grades 3-8
• Led by a diverse cadre of local artists and performers
• Intentionally designed to be experiential and interactive for students and educators
• 60 minutes long but adjustable to meet your needs
• Hosted through Zoom or your school’s platform of choice
• Rooted in social emotional learning goals
• Centered around one of the following themes:
- Amplify through Art: Your Voice Matters
- Art Discovery: Explore a Variety of Art Forms
- STEAM: Tech + the Arts
- Meet the Artists: Behind the Scenes + Arts Careers
Field trips are $200 for up to 50 students. Subsidies are available for up to five schools with at least 35% of the school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Meal Program. Please fill out this interest form to book your Virtual Field Trip.
For more information, please contact Alanna Medearis, Director of Education and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Director of Programming and Community Engagement Alanna Medearis