Can you provide an overview of the current state of affairs at Overture?
• Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the building will be closed until further notice.
• We are taking an “intermission,” suspending all performances and in-person programs through November 2020.
• Overture’s funders and patrons have been extremely supportive, understanding and patient. Many patrons have donated the value of tickets for canceled shows as a gift to Overture.
• In an act of financial preservation, we have reduced our workforce by 60% with some employees being furloughed, laid off or having their hours reduced, and some positions have been eliminated. We have reduced overhead expenses by more than 60% and suspended the search for a new CEO/President. Through these cost-saving measures, we are working to secure a positive future for Overture and our employees.
What are your predictions for the future?
• Overture will eventually emerge from this stronger for the ways this closure has inspired us to rethink how we can best serve or mission and the community.
• The arts will be instrumental to helping us heal.
• Audiences will be interested in returning. We know that they may be fewer at first. This will impact our decision-making and future planning.
When you do reopen, what precautions do you plan to take?
The health and safety of our guests is a top priority. Overture Center has always and will continue to comply with all public health recommendations and be proactive in making our building safe for guests to enjoy our shows, galleries and community events. We have completed a deep cleaning of the building and addressed maintenance projects to support a healthy reopening.
How are you raising money?
We completed our spring match campaign with our Corporate Champion, Bell Laboratories, and Local Legend, Dianne Christensen (in honor of Sandra Gajic), matching gifts up to $200,000 made through June 30. Now through the end of the year, we aim to raise $1.5 million to help cover operating expenses to support digital programming and ensure we are able to come back to supporting and elevating our community through the arts.
- Tickets & Events ▼
- Galleries ▼
- Rent Our Spaces ▼
- Support ▼
- About ▼
Contact us anytime!