2019/20 Onstage Season
Classic books are brought to life on stage, virtuoso musicians lend their talent to popular music, a dance company promotes the art of stepping, an illusionist reveals the science of magic and more in our 31st season of the OnStage field trip performance series! Designed for students from schools and homeschools, a diverse range of performing art forms connects to content across the curriculum while offering various cultural perspectives. To deepen the student experience, we provide Educator Resource Guides for each show filled with curricular-focused lesson ideas.
Seats are $8 each for school groups, $8.50 each for homeschool groups of 15 or more and $9.50 each for homeschool groups less than 15. One complimentary seat is given for every 15 seats reserved and subsidies are available for qualified groups. All performances are 60 minutes, sometimes this includes a short question and answer period with the artists.
To view upcoming performances and order seats, select the option below that describes your organization:
Pay for your trip
There are three ways to pay for your OnStage Student Field Trip:
- Check: Mail the check and a copy of your invoice to ATTN: OnStage Coordinator, Overture Center for the Arts, 201 State St, Madison WI 53703.
- Credit Card: Log into your Overture account and select the show you want to pay for. Proceed through the payment process.
- ACH: If your school/district has the capacity to pay via ACH, please send us the necessary paperwork. If you submit a payment via ACH, email a copy of the attached invoice along with payment information to firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to expand your students’ learning by combining an OnStage field trip performance with one of the following options:
- Arts Education Residency at your school with a trained Teaching Artist (prices start at $50/session)
- Student and Educator Group Tickets (prices range from $20/ticket).
- Tour the Overture Galleries, James Watrous Gallery, WI State Capitol, Madison Public Library, Madison Children’s Museum, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art or Wisconsin History Museum.
- Lunch at Overture Center (space provided at no cost, see request form below)
Meri Rose and Tim are here to take you through our entire 2019/20 Onstage season schedule in the video below!
What to expect during your trip to Overture
Find out more about our resources and programs for educators.
Series funder American Girl’s Fund for Children, Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts, Wahlin Foundation on behalf of Stoughton Trailers, LLC and by contributions to Overture Center for the Arts. Help make arts experiences real for hundreds of thousands of people at overturecenter.org/about/support.
Contact Programming and Community Engagement Coordinator Meri Rose Ekberg